Sunday 30 June 2024

GR11 Day 26 Estanh Obago to Espot.

30th June

Some rain overnight but it stayed dry for me to get packed up but there was some heavy rain and cloud after I had got over the col.

I couldn't get enough of the view back to the lake
I met a young lad from Poland who was doing the GR 11 in the opposite direction, he was impressed by my age and I was impressed that he was doing it on 10 euros per day.
At the top
Heavy rain as I went over the top which eased to showers on the way down.
The way down 
Again nice low temperatures, waterproofs and fleece, reminded me of home.
Car park and dam at Estany de Santiago Maurici 
The path from Estany de Santiago Maurici becomes a popular tourist trail and there were a lot of people about, being Sunday would have helped even though the weather wasn't good.
Trail down the valley 
Espot is a bustling tourist village with loads of accommodation, bars, restaurants and shops.
Old bridge at Espot
I bought some more gas and pole ends (one of mine has collapsed) from a little outdoor shop.
Espot church
The error of booking ahead struck again and I got here too early, nothing to do but eat and drink. It's a tough life!
Espot



1 comment:

Andy said...

At last you are somewhere shown on Joy's tourist map of Spain, rather than following you by dead-reckoning. Beautiful scenery.
Andy- and Joy.