Wednesday 5 June 2024

GR11 Day 1 Cabo de Higuer to Irun

 5th June

A bright sunny day again as I found my way around the public transport system.

Bilbao bus station 
Underground transport hubs and bus stations in both Bilbao and San Sebastian. 
San Sebastian 
I should have bought a ticket to Irun yesterday as all the buses were full until the evening. So bus to San Sebastian and then a train to Irun.
San Sebastian station 
A short bus journey to Hodarribia and then walked out to Cabo de Higuer and the official start of the route.
Cabo de Higuer
I had decided to just do the short section to Irun today.
Looking towards Irun
A busy area by the beach, harbour and marina but the walk along the waterside was very pleasant.

There is a small airport right beside the road.
Taxiing plane
The transport delays meant I got to Irun in perfect time for the Pension that I had booked. 

My travelling companion on the balcony of the Pension


No comments: