Sunday 23 June 2024

GR11 Day 16, San Nicolas de Bujaruelo, sheltering from the weather.

20th June

Thunder storms all night and the forecast for today was the same. I thought of various options but the sensible one seemed to be to stay where I was. After a late breakfast in the tent I got to the bar/restaurant during a lull for a coffee.
The heavens opened then and the thunderstorms continued with a vengeance,  effectively trapping me in the bar until 18.00 when it finally stopped.
Had some interesting conversations during the day, some of which I understood!
Decided that a dry bed would be nice and one was available in the dormitory for the night.
When I got back to the tent I found the expected problem. In heavy rain and strong winds it drives in under the flysheet, everything was dry because it was on the mattress but under the mattress was a different story.
Emptied out the tent and retired to the dormitory leaving it to dry.
I have had the same problem with this tent in the past (Tarptent Notch Li) and had wondered whether to bring it on this trip , but it is light and Spain is dry!
It will be retired after this trip.

Looking out after the rain




2 comments:

Andy said...

At least you were able to have a dry bed for the night. Andy

Anonymous said...

glad you weren't washed away!