Thursday 27 June 2024

GR11 Day 21 Refugio Viados to Puen de San Chaime.

25th June

The Refugio was full last night but I managed to sleep well after a good meal of vegetables, it was slightly noisy at night!

Leaving the Refugio 
Some cloud on the high mountains but the day was set to be good again.

The climb up to The Cabana d'Anes Cruce was good as the temperature was still relatively low.
Meeting of the waters
Two people who had walked up in front of me had decided to take a swim at the junction of the rivers, it looked bloody freezing!
The next section was a steep climb up to some rocky bits and a couple of small snowfields before reaching the Puerto de Chistau (2572m)
Some snow on the way up
The way down was through a lot of snow on the northern slopes of the mountain but it was relatively easy following the other footprints although I was glad to have my microspikes.
A lot more on the way down
I met a German GR11 walker coming the other way who gave me some useful information before continuing the descent to the Refugio d'Estos for lunch.
Snow bridges I didn't cross
This could have been the end of the section but as it was only lunchtime I pushed on to the campsite at Puen de San Chaime.
Refugio d'Estos 
The afternoon turned very hot but at least there was some shelter from the trees.
Dam on the way down
A nice little campsite in the trees with a bar/restaurant.


No comments: