Monday 24 June 2024

GR11 Day 20 Parzan to Refugio Viados

24th June

Set off up the road after a coffee with Tim to start the day. Clear blue sky but quite chilly, another good day for walking.

Little shrine where I turned off the road 
A straightforward day today, starting with a long climb up a gravel track.
It was very pleasant in the shade
Passing a hydro dam and power station high in the valley before leaving the trees and climbing on.
The hydro dam and power station 
The last bit leaves the gravel road and climbs up to the high coll for today. 
Towards the top
I stopped outside the little bothy at the top to repair my glasses as the lens had fallen out. Failed to tighten them as I couldn't see what I was doing without my glasses! Put some tape on them, that fixed it!
At the coll
A nice descent followed all the way down. Nothing too steep or 'exciting' with great views of the hills.
The way down 
The campsite was open contrary to the guidebook but I had booked the Refugio so kept going up the hill.
A typical Pyrenean sight 
The Refugio only takes cash and there was some confusion as I didn't have any and the lack of a common language caused some problems, but all was well in the end.
Refugio Viados
A beautiful place.
View from the Refugio 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful views, love the cows! Glad all was ok xx nessie xx