Sunday 30 June 2024

GR11 Day 24 Refugi de Conangles to Refugi dera Restanca.

28th June.

A warm night with some cloud. The cloud cleared fast but it remained hazy and it was hot in the afternoon.

I did my normal trick of loosing the path this morning but being pig-headed I kept on up through the trees and rocks assuming I knew where I was going.
Looking down, I should have been further to the right
After some confused wandering I just decided to go up to the ridge and then follow it to the coll.
Looking down to where I should have been 
When I got to the point I was aiming for it was in fact about 200 meters higher than I needed to be and needed some careful descending to reach the correct place.
Gun emplacement 
There are some old gun emplacements that Franco put in after the end of the war that guard this pass.
El Tejido checking out the gun mounting
The path goes round the Lac de Ruis before dropping steadily down the valley.
Lac de Ruis



Descending


The Refugi at the far side of the dam
The Refugi is reached by climbing round a couple of gullies to the head of the next valley involving some steep ascents and descents before arriving above the dam with the Refugi on the other side.
The Lake




No comments: