Monday 17 June 2024

GR11 Day 11, Villanua to below Pico de Anayet.

15th June

Sunny all day but a breeze kept the temperature reasonable.

Entrance to an interesting looking cave. Shut
A steady climb up beside the river. This is a popular Camino route and I passed a lot of pilgrims going the other way. It was also in the shade and was even chilly if I stopped walking.
The old bridge at Canfranc 

Canfranc was fine for a second breakfast but Carnfranc Estacion is very much a tourist spot and priced accordingly.

The international hotel and station at Canfranc Estacion 
Carnfranc Estacion is where the road and rail  tunnels go to France, but I left the metropolis to carry on up the Canal Roya to find a place to camp.
Following the Canal Roya
9 km and 600m higher I found the perfect spot at 1900m below Pico de Anayet, what happened to the short day?
What can I say?
Clear sky so it could be a cold night but there was a thunderstorm last night so you never know.




No comments: