Friday 30 June 2023

Day one hundred and twenty one - Glendubh Bothy to Kinlochbervie

 29th June.

It threatened to rain in the morning but after a shower, that was about it until the evening. Sunny intervals all day, breezy.

As I said yesterday this area is just beautiful, I must come back again with more food and a pair of binoculars and stay a couple of days.
An easy walk beside the Loch to where Emily did the sketch of Quinag I have on the wall.  
A steady climb up on a good track then path to Ben Dreavie with stupendous views.
There is no path down the other side and it was a bit of a struggle through rocky bits interspersed with heather, tussock grass and boggy bits.
Eventually I reached the path that went down to Lochstack Lodge.
A good track goes up and around Arkle but I turned off early across what would have been very boggy ground in normal weather towards the lochs that go down to Rhiconich.
I had planned to camp somewhere along the lochs but  it was all bracken and heather.
Rhiconich Bridge 
I then thought that something to eat in the Rhiconich Hotel would be nice only to find it closed down.
I carried on along the road looking for a suitable pitch and ended up just outside Kinlochbervie, rather further than intended!
Started to rain as I put the tent up and then forgot to stop.


23.5 miles walked 1200 meters ascent.

No comments: