Friday 9 June 2023

Day one hundred and one - Ellery to Cairnban (including Dunadd)

 9th June.

A bright start and it stayed that way all day,  a nice breeze kept it very pleasant.

Continued over the hill and down to Loch Sween on a good track.
There was a profusion of dragonflies of various colours and sizes today.
I passed my most northerly point on the paps of Jura this morning 

The foot passenger ferry from Jura.
Up the long road by Loch Sween to Achnamara.
Lunch by the village hall and up through Knapdale Forest.
Beaver activity 
Down then to the Crinan Canal where I called in to the Cairnbaan Hotel for a pot of tea and a scone.
Nothing naffer than a plastic gaffer (or two)
I made the mistake of asking if they had a room for the night and as they did, after a bit of a debate with myself, I decided to stay.
It was early enough to walk out to Dunadd, the seat of early Scottish Kings.
A climb round and over the hill and after putting my foot in the footprint returned to Cairnbaan.


23 miles walked 800 meters ascent.

Including Dunadd.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the route map. Great to see where you have been. Jacky