Tuesday 6 June 2023

Day ninety seven - Craighouse to Kilennan River (Islay)

 5th June.

Another warm sunny day for the walk back to the Feolin ferry.

And the crossing to Islay.
The footpath from Port Askaig to Carol Isla distillery is still just passable.
A really nice visitor centre provided a taste of Islay with a fantastic view to Jura through the window.

I thought that one was enough at that time of the morning so moved on through a great variety of scenery.
With the occasional shady bit.


It was very hot and sunny and I was quite happy to get to my intended campsite.
But the breeze died away and the midges appeared.
Managed to cook and eat dinner before I was driven into the tent where I suffered from the sun heating it up being unable to open up or the midges would come in. 

The joys of Scottish summer camping.


21 miles walked 500 meters ascent.

No comments: