Tuesday 13 June 2023

Day one hundred and four - Loch Etive to Lairig Gartain

 12th June.

Gad it was hot, must be the heat.

A nice track through the woods started the day but I soon lost that bit of shade and was walking the open Loch shore.
Hardly a breath of wind to ruffle the water.
Dry walking along the notoriously boggy path and crossing the burns was easy as most had no water in them.
I got to the end of the Loch and the view of the Glencoe hills opened up. I was forgetting that it is a sea Loch until two seals splashed into the water.
Up to and along the road following the River Etive towards Rannoch Moor.
Must have been a car club run as about six of them passed as I was collapsed by the roadside.
I wasn't looking forward to the midges tonight without any wind to moderate them when I realised that the saddle between the two hills in the picture above was not only a shortcut to Glencoe but should have a breeze.
I thought there would be no water higher up so carried from the bottom, making the steep climb even hotter, as it turned out there was water close to the top.
The thunderstorm arrived just after I got the tent up but there was hardly any rain where I was. The Gods making love all around me were spectacularly noisy though!
Found this picture that was taken this evening. Hit and destroyed a stone pillar on Ben Nevis.


Click on any picture to open in a new window to view and zoom.

17 miles walked 1000 meters ascent.

No comments: