Sunday 11 June 2023

Day one hundred and three - Loch Awe to Loch Etive

 11th June.

Started raining about 5am but stopped by 7, from then it was sunny intervals but very hot and humid, light breeze.

Dry spot where the tent was
A rather midgey start to the day but I managed to organise my porridge without getting too badly bitten.

It really is a nice road to walk, there is a lot more traffic on most cycle paths!
I didn't realise I'd walked so far.

Dalavich café.
I got to Dalavich just as the café was opening and as a basic rule is that I don't walk past anywhere serving food, I had a second breakfast.
I started to leave the trees behind and then came upon a small shed selling frozen currys! 
The most remote curry house in Britain?
Loch Awe, Ben More and Ben Lawyers in the distance.
Lunch at the hotel in Kilchrenan and then the B845 to Taynault. The road was hardly any busier.
Ben Cruachan
There was a fine view of Ben Cruachan that I had thought of climbing tomorrow, but not in this heat.


There are
remnants of the old Atlantic rainforest 
in the glens around here.







It was a good job I wasn't relying on the grocery store in Taynault for supplies as they had a very poor selection.
Past the old Ironworks that destroyed the forest and over the River Awe footbridge heading for Glen Etive. 
Stopped at the first flattish place I found, before the midges got any worse.




22 miles walked 800 meters ascent.

No comments: