Friday 16 June 2023

Day one hundred and seven - Glen Nevis to Cona Glen

 15th June.

A heavy dew and midges when I left the campsite and walked the three miles to Fort William and into Morrisons for breakfast.

Camusnagaul ferry 
 The little ferry took me across to Camusnagaul for the walk south to Cona Glen.

A quiet road that was sheltered from the sun by trees on the Loch side.
Adder by the road 
The bottom of Cona Glen has some fine big trees including a number of sequoias and it stayed sheltered.

It all changed when I got to the open glen and the sun was merciless.
Trying to find some shade
Camped at the end of the track before the path climbs over the hill. Not sure it was the right decision as the sun was overheating the tent and there was no other shade but I would have had to carry water up the hill and I'm not sure if I could have camped at the top, I know there is nowhere on the other side for miles.
Turned out very well, rather hot for a while but the sun went behind the hill at 8 and a nice breeze appeared, perfect camping!

18.5 miles walked 500 meters ascent.

No comments: