Monday 15 July 2024

GR 11, Day 39 Refugi d'Ulldeter to Mollò

13th July

A damp night, the Refugi was in the cloud but it didn't rain much.

NoBefore I forget again I definitely saw a Lamerguiser yesterday. I had seen what I thought were  Lamerguisers several times before but this one was closed enough for a positive identification before it soared away.
Following the river down
It was a perfect walking day, cooler with some cloud and trees.
Looking back
The first section down to Setcases followed the ski road down, bypassing the switchbacks but then ending up walking down the road to the town.
That's what I like to see
Being a Saturday there were loads of cars going up to the high carparks and even more cyclists powering up the hill.
Setcases 
A nice cup of coffee in a little bar/restaurant and I was through the town and heading up the hill the other side.
Some fine horses
There were both cows and horses at the Coll before an easy walk down through the hills to Mollò.
Mollò 
Mollò has a new development of rather nice houses on the hill before I entered the old part which had flags up everywhere for the fiesta weekend.
Start of the cycle
I was in time to watch the family cycle tour start, with fireworks!
Casa Tapiolas Rectoria
The Casa Rural I am starting in is amazing, it was the old rectory and they have retained all the old features as well as providing spacious and well laid out rooms.
Ancient clock and original door
Thoroughly recommend it if you happen to be in Mollò.



 


2 comments:

Andy said...

Any old priests hidden in the cupboards of the rectory? Andy

Anonymous said...

Wow lammergeier, spectacular treat! J