Tuesday 23 July 2024

Spain 22nd July

22nd July

Another day of temperature warnings.
The night wasn't as bad as it could have been, the wind moderated and after I had emptied the dust off my mattress not too much more blew in.

Not a lot of grass!
I started the day by going into the town in search of breakfast, a visit to Spar and a seat by the beach.
Egléisia de la Mare de Déu de Les Neus 
I wandered up through the old town calling in to the Church with it's slightly terrifying sculpture of Jesus on the cross, and carried on up.
The Crucifixion
I came to the GR 11 trail and thought.... well I have nothing else to do, so carried on and did the same walk as yesterday. Easier this time as I wasn't carrying my pack!
People in every corner
A very different experience this time in the sunshine, lots of people about and the little beaches were packed.
El Tejido out for a look round in the sunshine
Even though today I could explore the Cap better in the sunshine, yesterday's arrival in the thunderstorm was much more satisfying.
The altar in the church at Cadaqués 
I explored Cadaqués a bit more today and discovered a museum displaying an exhibition of photographs by Joan Vehi of Dali and his companions in the 1960's.
Cadaqués 
The photographs were good but another museum was displaying Dali illustrations which was much more interesting to me.
Alice goes down the rabbit hole 
I didn't realise that he had done as much illustration.
Adam, Eve and the serpent 
The evening concert by a classical guitar trio was brilliant, I couldn't understand any of the introductions as they were in Catalan, except for a Poulenc piece that he introduced in French, no help there!

The  music, however, was brilliant.

No comments: