Monday 8 May 2023

Day sixty seven - Chapel-en-le-Frith to Crowden

 6th May.

Very low cloud in the morning and I thought it was going to be a dreich Pennine day but after climbing over the hill to Edale in the cloud it lifted and turned into a lovely day.




A nice little café by the station at Edale provided tea and cake to propel me up Jacobs Ladder soon after the start of the Pennine Way.
Going up Jacobs Ladder
There were loads of people going up and on Kinder Scout, I think they were all escaping the coronation!
Kinder Scout
After Kinder the number of people dropped dramatically. I spoke briefly to the only other Pennine Way walker I met but he was in a hurry! 
Featherbed Moss has been tamed with a continuous flagstone path which makes for very clean easy walking. I had thoughts of camping on Kinder but it was much too early, the next possibility was near the snake pass but there were a lot of people about going up to look at the crash site. There are actually three plane crashes here.

Looking towards Torside Reservoir.
So I continued over Bleaklow, down to the Torside Reservoir and round to Crowden campsite, it was very busy but they squeezed me in under the trees.


23 miles walked 1200 meters ascent.

No comments: