Wednesday 10 May 2023

Day seventy - Hebden Bridge to Lotharsdale

 9th May.

A dry day that brightened up to warm and sunny with a nice breeze, perfect for walking.

Looking back to Hebden Bridge 
A very steep pull up from Hebden Bridge to Heptonstall, another conservation village and very pretty too.
Heptonstall 
On up to Heptonstall Moor, across the top and down to more reservoirs including the string of three that make up the Walshaw Dean Reservoir.
Lots of life on the water 
The climb to Withins Heights was accompanied by Lapwings, Curlew, Skylarks and the odd Oystercatcher and Plover, delightful.

Coming down I saw a number of people ahead which I thought was strange as I had seen no-one so far but when I got closer I realised it was to see 'Wuthering Heights', not walkers on the Pennine Way.
'Wuthering Heights'
The Way doesn't go to Haworth so I didn't get the Full Brontë, a nice walk down to and round Ponder Reservoir instead.

Up to Oakworth Moor and Ickornshaw Moor before descending to Ickornshaw where there is no longer a campsite although there is still a sign on the gate when you come off the moor.
Bog Cotton
Up and over again to Lothersdale where the pub was open for a swift half before heading up to Elslack Moor where I found a nice spot for the tent behind the top wall.
Lothersdale.


20 miles walked 1100 meters ascent.

No comments: