Monday 1 May 2023

Day sixty - Idwal Cottage to Rowan

 29th April.

A bright start to the day with a bit of cloud floating around, a bit too good though and it would get worse.

A warm climb up to Pen yr Olwen where I went into the cloud, however a few breaks gave some grand views on the walk round to Carnedd Dafydd.
And it continued the same all the way to Carnedd Llewellyn.
Once over the main tops I was caught in a half hour of very heavy rain, with the wrong trousers! They dried in the next hour or so.
Cloud came and went a bit from then but visibility was generally good.
Three different size power lines crossed my way at one stage, there was Daddy Pylon, Mummy Pylon and Baby Pylon..............
It is a magnificent ridge and I can't think why I hadn't been on it before.
Down to the little campsite at Rowan where there is also an excellent hotel.

The last of the hills for a while.


15.5 miles 1500 meters ascent.


No comments: