Tuesday 30 May 2023

Day ninety one - Mauchline to Troon

 30th May.

A clear sky all day but the wind was slightly stronger, especially as I neared the coast, which kept the temperature better than yesterday.

On the way out of Mauchlin.
There was one poet who lived in Mauchlin for a while that I had heard of, a certain Robert Burns. He actually met his wife there.

It was very agricultural for a while until I got to Failford and re-joined the River Ayr through a nature reserve.
Magnificent Beech tree 
It was difficult to see the river as the path was high above it and the valley heavily wooded. 
The bluebells were finished but must have been spectacular, unfortunately the squirrels are the wrong colour.
After reaching Annbank I left the river and headed for Prestwick. It had been nice walking in the shade of the trees but I was now forced out into the sun.
Last shady path leaving Annbank
A long straight walk down the road past all the car dealers and superstores on the outskirts of Ayr.
Luckily the breeze was blowing up the road from the sea so walking was quite pleasant. I could also see the hazy outline of the Isle Of Arran ahead.

Into Prestwick and down to the beach for the walk to Troon.
Past the Royal Troon Golf Club.
To find my B&B.
View from the bedroom window.


21 miles walked 350 meters ascent.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I hope that all of those halliards on the masts are "frapped". Andy

Phreerunner said...

Well done Roger. We are back from 'Challenge Duties' and hoping to enjoy some of the fine weather that you are currently blessed with. Keep on going...
M