Thursday 4 May 2023

Day sixty five - Knutsford to Bollington

 4th May.

Another bright dry day but with rather more wind.

Martin took me back to Knutsford after breakfast and walked with me through the town until we reached a new, huge housing development that's being built necessitating an unmarked path diversion. 



Traffic lights on the footpath across the railway.




Thanks again to Martin and Sue for the hospitality. Onwards across the fields, getting slightly confused by all the dog walkers tracks to Manchester airport.

Walked beside the airport for about two miles with lots of planes coming and going before following the river Bollin to Wilmslow in time for lunch!
River Bollin.
After leaving Wilmslow I was once again confused by the multitude of paths but managed to find my way to Alderley Edge.
The view from Alderley Edge.
I realised that it was later than expected so decided on a more direct route to Bollington than the NCW so headed for Prestbury. I suspect, by the size of the houses behind their electronic gates and the type of cars driving past, that this is a very desirable area to live in.
Stock at the Prestbury car dealers.
The wind increased and it clouded over so by the time I reached the hotel it was just starting to rain, good timing!
Prestbury 


19 miles walked 450 meters ascent.


No comments: