Saturday 1 April 2023

Day Thirty two 1st April - Brecon to Glyntawe

 Last night there was really heavy rain but no wind, I was very comfortable. The weather forecast said today should be better but at 8am it was still pissing down. I delayed as long as possible and then just as I was taking down the tent it eased off.

A lot of rain overnight 
The little roads were like rivers as I walked up to Storey Arms to arrive in the cloud but there was a burger van there selling tea.


Lots of people heading for Pen y Fan as well.



Up into the thick cloud, not too wet though. Due to following the wrong mark in the boggy ground and not checking the map I climbed Fan Fawr which I'm sure is a lovely hill but I couldn't see it or intend to be there.

Came across this below the hill, would call it a Sheiling in Scotland, not marked on the map


Good walking in the mist and then it cleared to a beautiful day.

What a contrast!

A shower came through as I climbed the last hill of the day but otherwise it was perfect.

Down to Penwylt, an old limestone quarry and town, following the dismantled tramway to a quirky campsite by the pub at Glyntawe.

Descending to Glentawe

19.5 miles walked 1200 meters ascent

No comments: