Thursday 27 April 2023

Day fifty seven - Llyn Du to Tan-y-Bwlch station

 26th April.

Bright sunny morning with only a few clouds all day.

It was a day of bad navigation as I kept taking the wrong line and having to find my way back to the correct path.
Even on the rocky descent from Llyn Du I managed to go down too far and had to climb a fair way back up to the correct route when I realised.

 The Rhinogs hadn't given up and there was a lot more rocky walking to do before descending to Llyn Trawsfynydd and the old nuclear power station.
The power station 
The coastguard helicopter was practicing a rescue by the dam.
On to Maentwrog and a good dinner in the hotel before going up to Tan-y-Bwlch station where I found a quit spot to camp on the hill.

14.5 miles walked 1200 meters ascent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such rocky ‘pathways’!
Wondering if you’re going up the Nantmor Valley past Gelli Iago, now Nantmor Mountain Centre, wonderful place where I spent most weekends at college. Now National Trust owned, really great base especially for school groups. J