Wednesday 26 April 2023

Day fifty six - Barmouth to Lly Du

 25th April.

A bright sunny start to the day with a gentle, but cold, NE breeze.

Looking down to Barmouth 
Steeply up to the ridge, the dragons back and a fairly humpy one it is but ground is easy to walk on.

I met a hill runner who stopped for a chat, a very interesting character who, amongst other things, was born in Inverness as his father was an engineer on the Loch Quoich hydro scheme.
Path in the Rhinogs (where?)
The clouds had built up a bit by the time I got to the Rhinogs, an advantage as I was overheating!

The Rhinogs were as rough I had been told to expect, especially Rhinog Fach where the end of the descent was particularly unpleasant, wet, overgrown, very steep and slippery.


Rhinog Fawr was not as difficult as it's mate but even so, by the time I got down to Llyn Du there was space for my tent I decided to stop and pitched near another couple, George and Milly, who had walked up for the night.



11.5 miles walked 1500 meters ascent.

No comments: