Monday 24 April 2023

Day fifty three - Dyffryn Castell to Machynlleth

 22nd April.

A frozen start to the day with mist that soon cleared to a sunny day.

A steep climb up to Pumlumon Fawr then great walking along the tops to the sources of the Wye then the Severn.




The Severn starts in a peat bog.



On round the tops then down through some horrible, pathless, tussock grass and across a bog to reach a track that goes round a couple of lakes.

A grassy path then took me down to the road and a campsite at Penegoes.


Eggs for sale by the road 
I realised on checking my gear tonight that I had left my hat and gloves somewhere so I went into Machynlleth in the evening and, as well as getting some fish and chips, discovered an Original Factory Shop that wouldn't open at 10 the following morning (Sunday).
Machynlleth 
I thought they may have a hat and gloves of some kind and it would be a good excuse for a late start tomorrow.


21.5 miles walked 1000 meters ascent 

No comments: