Monday 24 April 2023

Day fifty four - Machynlleth to Cefn y Clawdd

 23rd April.

Cloudy but mostly dry today with a light wind.


There was an excellent café open early where I could drink tea and eat scrambled eggs until the shop opened


I found a reasonable, cheap, pair of gloves and a hat and set off full up and warm.

New bridge and raised roadway being built over the Dovey.
Todays walk was on cycle route 8, very minor roads but too much ascent for my idea of a bike route.

Corris

I looked in to the Centre For Alternative Technology but didn't have time for a proper visit, it's added to the list of places to come back to.


 Heard my first Cuckoo today as I walked through an old slate quarry, if you have any craft ideas using slate there are thousands of tons of useful looking bits available here.

The whole route today was beautiful, through a steep tree lined valley, there is even a little steam railway at Corris, but the pub was shut, no lunch!
Pitched high, above the A487 where it crosses the east side of Cader Idris. Rather exposed but the weather forecast, while wet, is not giving any wind.


13.5 miles walked 900 meters ascent.

No comments: