Wednesday 5 July 2023

Day one hundred and twenty seven - Strabeg to Mudale

 4th July.

A dry morning, cloudy but only a couple of light showers later. Even brighter in the evening.

Had a good night in the bothy, discussion ranging from football (not me) to Scottish Independence. Derek is on a farewell tour of Scotland as he is fed up with the way the country is going and will be leaving for the Middle East?
The first section of today's walk was up Strath Beag a pathless stretch with Birch scrub and bog, interesting route finding.
I surprised a White Tailed Eagle that was perched on a rock contemplating life the universe and everything, or whatever eagles do when sitting on rocks. I hoped it wasn't going to carry me off as well, it looked big enough.
Looking back over Loch Staonsaid at the head of the glen
Shortly after the head of the glen there is a good track descending Glen Golly to Gobernuisgach Lodge which continues to the Strath More road.
Waterfall in Glen Golly

Sculpture at Gobernuisgach Lodge 

I walked five miles down the road and only met one vehicle (a motor home),not a very busy road.


I pitched up at the first vaguely suitable spot,  very close to the road but I don't think the traffic will disturb me.



15.5 miles walked 500 meters ascent.

No comments: