Wednesday 12 July 2023

Day one hundred and thirty five - Mey to John O'Groats.

 12th July.

Another miserable day but it did improve.



A leisurely breakfast with a good view of the rain battering the window. The B&B was good the only downside was mine host hanging around the breakfast room dispensing pearls of wisdom.

By the time I left the rain had eased and when I saw the sign for Annie's Bakery and Café I realised that while it wasn't open yet, by the time I had walked there it would be, so.....

Onwards through the rain that started just as I left the café.
The landscape around here is very bleak and seems much more empty than the hills even though there are quite a lot of houses?
Got to John O'Groats, checked in to the campsite, tent up, rucksack inside and off to look at the tourist attractions.
What a lot of crap! The only saving grace is the micro brewery and bar, lovely beer.
I have decided to go to Orkney tomorrow, bought the ticket to concentrate the mind!
Walked out to Duncansby Head to see the Lighthouse and the Stacks of Duncansby.
The weather improved a lot in the afternoon, the sun even tried to appear.
 

Only 874, why have I done over 2000?


13 miles walked 200 meters ascent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Keep on keeping on. More fun…. Brilliant. J

Anonymous said...

Yaay you made it! well done dad xx nes

Andy said...

Congratulations. JOG looks just as I remember it 55 years ago (forgettable).Andy

Joy said...

Well Done! Joy

Jake said...

Some nice people you met yesterday. Jake