Monday 3 July 2023

Day one hundred and twenty four - Kervaig to Durness

 2nd July.

A windy damp night and the day was little better but the showers were not quite as bad as yesterday.

I left the bothy very early to be in time for the first ferry, if it was running, as I would then have time to walk round the head of the Kyle if it wasn't.
A phone call to the ferryman, when I had a signal, confirmed that it wasn't running today but as he was there he would come over and collect me!
He came over in the dinghy to get me after crossing it was just a short walk to Durness and the campsite.
Can you see the tiny ferryboat?


Plenty of time then to shower, do the washing and get provisions sorted out for the next few days. Dry CLEAN socks.

Campsite in the distance 
Walked the short way to the Village Hall with it's John Lennon Memorial Garden. It's not as well cared for as it was six years ago but still good.

I was talking to a woman from South Bristol who now lives here with a small shop selling the bits and paintings she and her mother make.

A very easy day, I seem to be trying to delay the end!


10 miles walked 300 meters atscent.

2 comments:

Neil Wright said...

Not long to go Roger! You have done amazingly. Looks like you have had a great time

Anonymous said...

lol you just dont wanna stop walking do you! beautiful pictures as usual xx ness