Thursday 6 July 2023

Day one hundred and twenty nine - Syre to Garvault Hotel

July 6th.

A dry morning but no wind but after last night's rain the ground and tent were very wet.

A road walk again today, first to Syre itself which is only a few scattered houses and a rather nice tin church.

Then up the minor road that goes to the hotel and on to Kinbrace.

There was more traffic on this road than on the B road yesterday, mainly timber lorries or stick lorries as they are known locally.
A post van came down the road and stopped  to ask if I would like a pie!
It seems that he makes pies for the bowling club on Wednesdays and any that are leftover he gives away on Thursdays.
Delicious mac'n cheese pie. Many thanks postie.
The views across this huge empty area are amazing, I had only seen them from the south before.
I got to the hotel early and, as my room was ready, had time for a shower before lunch.
Washing done and on the line, tent pitched on the grass to dry.
Breakfast room
Decided to stay here for two nights as I realised, with Sarah's help, that I hadn't had a rest day for three weeks.



8.5 miles walked 200 meters ascent.

No comments: