Thursday 23 March 2023

Day twenty three - Priddy to Keynsham

 After a night of gales and heavy rain the day dawned dry but cloudy as I walked past the Queen Vic, again, on my way to Dundry.

Misty view of Chew Valley Lake
The ground was saturated and even sloping fields had water on the surface.
Dundry

By the time I reached Dundry the clouds had thickened and the mist / drizzle was worse so the view over Bristol, that I had come to see, was nonexistent.



After a cup of tea in the pub the rain started to get serious again as I set off for East Dundry, muddy water was running off the fields and even the roads were like rivers in places. I stayed on the narrow lanes, luckily there was very little traffic. 

Pensford
After Pensford it really started chucking it down and I'd rather forget the walk to Keynsham, especially when the traffic got worse towards the end and the rain had penetrated right through to my smalls,  but I have a dry bed tonight.


23 miles walked 650 meters ascent.

No comments: