Thursday 30 March 2023

Day twenty nine - Abergavenny to Nant Bwch

 Raining and low cloud again, but I set off up the Sugar Loaf anyway. 

Oak forest in the mist
Whenever the cloud thinned a bit the skylarks were up singing their little hearts out.



Great view from the top again!




Down to the valley, it may have been possible to camp somewhere last night. Another hill to climb to what would be a really nice ridge, if you could see it.

A clearance on the descent 
The wind was very strong, blowing the rain into all my nooks and crannies. I decided to head up the valley to try and find a sheltered spot to pitch, found a great spot but the shelter was doubtful, being optimistic I stuck the tent up in a lull.


Nice spot but I suffered from the heavy rain and winds overnight.


Stomach didn't feel great at night, couldn't face any food, saved cooking!


15 miles walked 1300 meters ascent 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful oak tree. Certainly seen some lovely sites via your pictures.
J

Andy said...

Glad to hear that skylarks are still around-they are conspicuous by there absence in this part of Wales and I miss them from my childhood.
Hope you have not picked up a bug.
Andy