Tuesday 28 March 2023

Day twenty eight - Llanvetherine to Abergavenny

 Weather back to normal today, rain stopped when I packed up but low cloud and drizzle for the rest of the day.

Couldn't see the top 200 meters of Skirrid but it nearly cleared at times and I was hopeful.

Sugar Loaf during a clearance

Great view (not)

Steeply up Skirrid into the cloud and wind on the top. Got thoroughly cold and wet walking along the ridge and by the time I got to Abergavenny it was Wetherspoons time again!

Looked at the options for the afternoon walk and possible campsites. Couldn't see the tops, it was cold and I didn't really feel like going any further so a bit of searching and I  found a cheap Airbnb. Sorted, short day.

Abergavenny Castle with part of the Sugar Loaf in the background 

Tomorrow's another day and maybe better visibility, I have a plan if it isn't.


8.5 miles walked 400 meters ascent.

No comments: