Sunday 5 March 2023

Day five - St Ives to Hale

 


Spent the morning in St Ives eating pasties, the seagull only got a little bit and nearly had my finger, and visiting the Tate and Barbara Hepworth's house. The Tate was good, they have a Hepworth exhibition on, but Hepworth's house, garden and workshop were amazing, totally blown away, I could have spent all day there.


Had to move on in the end so picked up my rucksack from the hostel and continued the coast path to Hayle, a total contrast with the last few days, mostly on roads, some busy. Staying in a pub in Copperhouse, a suburb of Hale! Total contrast to St Ives! But gives me a sensible distance to my next stop.


6.5 miles walked 200 meters ascent.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, good timing

Andy said...

St. Ives has mixed memories for me. When 40 years ago, returning from Falmouth to Bristol, the engine packed up just north of Lands End. We were towed into St Ives by the lifeboat in early evening with the harbour walls lined with (what appeared to be) hundreds of tourist. Walking (rushing) past them to the pub I heard snatches of outlandish explanations for our fate. (Mind we did look a bit odd, being us).
Andy

Roger B said...

I remember balancing against the harbour wall on a fin keel waiting out a gale, that was about 40 years ago as well!