Friday 17 March 2023

Day seventeen - Wheddon Cross to Watchet

I decided that I didn't really like the route I had planned for today, so headed back up to the Moor, much the same way as I had come down yesterday and then walked on to the coast.

The weather was actually dry and sunny to start with, a few thundery showers developed with the day but I only caught the edges.



Wooten Courteney is another beautiful Exmoor village but feels almost suburban, in common with many others in the area, with it's many 'Private' and 'No Trespassing' notices.

Wooten Courteney nestling in the hills

Over more hills to Dunster, somewhere I haven't been for over sixty years. It hasn't changed. Well there are more cars.
Dunster 
Back to the coast  at Dunster beach although it is now the England Coast Path and the sea is brown estuary water not the clean Atlantic waves.
Seafront at Blue Anchor 

Finished the day at Watchet, a little harbour town that developed from the export of local iron ore to Wales and importing Welsh coal in return. 
Interesting house decoration in Watchet?

15.5 miles walked 700 meters ascent

No comments: