Friday 17 May 2024

Day 8 Rhilean Burn to Forres.

16th May

Woke up to thick fog and a soggy. tent. The fog slowly cleared and by lunchtime the sun was shining again.

Misty morning 
Good walking on old tracks which occasionally vanished until I reached the road at Dulsie where I was reunited with the Findhorn.
Dulsie bridge
The fog lifted as I walked the very quiet little roads giving an occasional glimpse through the trees of the river in it's gorge below.
River Findhorn from Dulsie bridge 
At Daltulich bridge I was able to get off the road and walk the beautiful wooded path above the river to Logie Steading where I arrived just as the clock struck one. Time for lunch.


Logie Steading 

The walk continued along the riverside then the Altyre estate to Forres.

Glasgow School of Art at Altyre
I have retired here and got a bus home and will be heading south tomorrow to hopefully help with a family crisis.



20 miles walked 400 meters ascent 


1 comment:

Phreerunner said...

Sorry not to have seen you in Montrose, Roger, and that you had to retire. We do hope you were able to help out 'down south'.
Best wishes
M & S