Saturday 11 May 2024

Day 2 Kinlochmorar to Kinbreak bothy

 10th May

The day started cloudy but rapid butly opened up to give more and more sun until in the evening there was a clear blue sky, warm as well.

Looking back to Kinlochmorar

A beautiful walk up the glen before tackling the extremely steep rocky side of Carn Mor, I don't think I'm as fit as I hoped.

Looking down from the ascent of Carn Mor
Great views from the top but the wind was fairly strong and didn't encourage me to stay.
View from the top 
I did have a phone signal at the top but it was gone as soon as I found a sheltered bit, so you will all have to wait for this episode.
Going down 
Again a steep cliffy descent, the joys of hills around Knoydart. I wasn't too far from Glen Pean bothy so called in for lunch.
Glen Pean bothy
An easy walk down the forest track to Strathan was followed by a boggy climb up to the bealach. The walk down the other side to Glen Kingie and the bothy was much drier.
Kinbreak bothy with the red roof 
Sitting outside the bothy drinking tea and reading a book someone has left, enjoying the evening sunshine.


12.5 miles walked 1500 meters ascent

No comments: