Wednesday 15 May 2024

Day 6 Glen Markie to Dalmigavie

14th May

A damp night but only some light drizzle during the day. There were three other TGO'ers coming up the glen as I set off and we walked together on and off until they turned off for Aviemore. 
View down the glen from some house ruins

Glen Markie is even better than I had been told, grassy walking, not steep and great scenery.
A bit boggy

It was a bit boggy at the top of the glen and there is an old bothy near the watershed that is usable in an emergency.
The bothy
I had just prepared a small hole in the ground, for the usual purpose, when a Golden Eagle appeared overhead, circled back to see what I was up to and then had the decency to continue his journey.
The Findhorn (near the source)

The River Findhorn starts near here, although it and my route went down from bog to rocky riverside path before becoming a grassy track. 
Track by the Findhorn
A good track from Dalbeg and then minor road to Dalmigavie where I turned onto another track and found a pitch in a rather sheepy area.
Bridge over the Findhorn at Dalmigavie 

 


18.5 miles walked 600 meters ascent

No comments: