Day 18. Aigertstugan to Tärnasjö.
It was a cold morning with quite a strong wind but sunny, very good walking conditions.
 |
| Leaving the Fjällstuga |
It was a long steady climb which steepened to the 1000+ meter pass between two hills.
 |
| Looking back |
The views were superb and although it was cold enough to wear gloves I still managed to sit on a rock for a while enjoying the surroundings.
 |
| Huge open plateau |
Once I reached the top there was about 4k of rocky and barren landscape with various lakes and knolls, really beautiful but decidedly chilly.
 |
| A bit rocky |
There is an emergency shelter just before the path sweeps down, across a river and then ascends to another shelter.
 |
| Very rocky |
 |
| Rocky with lakes |
 |
| Emergency shelter and toilet |
 |
| The path through the dip |
The path continued it's climb to a pass and then descended to the birch forest and the Servvejuhka River which is crossed by another wooden bridge.
 |
| And over the next ridge |
There is a Fjällstuga not far from the bridge that I had though of stopping at but I was enjoying the walk and didn't want to stop.
 |
| Over the bridge |
The path climbs steeply away from the cabin before easing towards the top.
 |
| To more lakes |
There is a long easy descent to a bridge where my guide book said "the camping is very good"
 |
| Over the top again |
I'm not sure what the author's definition of very good is but all I found were a few rocky bits amongst acres of dwarf birch. The wind didn't help either.
 |
| Descending towards the bridge |
I was enjoying the walk and conditions so I looked at the time and the distance to the next cabin and decided to keep walking.
 |
| Descent to the Lakeshore |
A long up and down section then through the trees and past several lakes before getting into thicker woods for the final descent to Tärnasjö
 |
| View from Tärnasjö |
A long but very enjoyable day with a comfortable walking temperature and hardly any insects.
 |
| Climbing up the first hill of the day |
33k walked
900m ascent
No comments:
Post a Comment