Day 2. Alesjaure to Sälka
A bright day with plenty of sunny intervals and almost no wind, very warm in the thin sunshine. Good weather for insects!
 |
| Meditationsplats soon after leaving Alesjaure |
There are a number of meditation places along the trail with beautiful views where you are encouraged to stop chill out.
 |
| The way ahead |
The path climbed slowly up to a final short steep climb to the highest point of the trail, the Tjäktja Pass at 1150m. There is a refuge and toilet at the pass where there were also some large snow patches.
 |
| Hills all around |
 |
| The Tjäktja pass |
 |
| Looking back from the pass |
After a short break I started the descent to the beautiful U shaped valley of the Tjäktjavagge
 |
| Tjäktjavagge Valley |
.
 |
| Keeping the hair under control |
It was a fairly steep descent for a while but soon leveled out to a gentle descent of the valley that will continue with tomorrows walk as well.
 |
| Looking back up the Tjäktjavagge Valley |
I passed a Sami village before reaching the Fjällstuga, just a collection of huts with no apparent tracks between them although they do use the 'sex bikes'.
 |
| Camp at Säilka |
I think it was a combination of hot sun, a long first day yesterday and difficult conditions underfoot but when I got to Sälka I was very happy to get the tent up and collapse inside to watch the insects trying, unsuccessfully, to get through the mesh for a feed.
 |
| View from the tent |
The sun dipped behind the mountains later and the temperature in the tent came down enough to climb into my sleeping bag. Very pleasant.
25.6km walked
380m ascent.
No comments:
Post a Comment