Stowmarket to Burghead
After a weekend of putting in the engine and curing a persistent oil leak I at last started on the journey home in the van that Sarah and Jamie had built up from a pile of parts over the last eight months.
 |
About to leave Stowmarket
|
They did an amazing job rebuilding it and it is now as good as it was when it came out of the factory in 1979.
 |
| Andy out for a walk |
I should have brought it home a few weeks ago but the gearbox wasn't behaving itself and had to be taken out to be reconditioned.
 |
| Evening tide in at Newport |
The first day was a trip to Bristol where I stayed with a school friend. The journey went well on motorways and other roads apart from a very slow section of the M25. There were some peculiar noises that I was slightly worried about but after investigations revealed nothing I realised that they were coming from the cooker and other useful bits in the interior of the van that I was taking home to build into it to make a full camper. For some reason I don't have any pictures for that day.
 |
| Drumochter Pass |
It was a really nice drive, not much traffic, a little light drizzle but the wind did pick up later in the day.
 |
| Dalwhinnie Distillery |
 |
| By the road to Dava |
It was good to get home and see the van parked on the driveway. Now I just have to finish the interior.
950 miles
25 mpg 🤗
No comments:
Post a Comment