Day 20. Syterskalet to Hemavan (finish)
It was a grey cold morning when I packed up for the last time on the Kungsleden for a relatively short days walk.
 |
| Looking back to the misty hills |
Just down the valley and a climb over to the top of the cable car that comes up from Hemavan.
 |
| A final farewell |
It was a good walk with lovely views again with the bigger hills behind covered by cloud. I was sorry to be leaving these beautiful hills behind and thought that a Canadian girl that I met near the beginning maybe had the right idea.
 |
| The cable car top station |
Her plan was to walk the trail from Abisco to Hemavan then turn around and walk back to Abisco, I did think about it.
 |
| Down to Hemavan |
The walk down through the woods to the visitor centre and official start/finish of the Kungsleden was through various bits of ski parafinalia that you only see on bare hillsides in Scotland.
 |
| Ski tow in the woods |
I had lunch in a restaurant above the supermarket and considered my travel options.
 |
| The end |
There was an expensive flight tomorrow or a cheaper but considerably slower route by bus and train to Stockholm where I am planning to spend a few days seeing the sights.
 |
| Waiting for the bus |
I decided on the bus/train option. Seven hours on the bus to Ă–stersund then a sleeper train Stockholm which arrives at the ungodly time of 05.05.
 |
| More lakes and trees seen from the bus |
 |
| The sleeper train arrives to whisk me away to Stockholm |
I also booked two nights in central Stockholm and one at the airport before flying to London the next day so I will have plenty of time to explore.
 |
| The walk was only a very small part of Sweden |
Total distance walked 414km.
Total ascent 8265m.
No comments:
Post a Comment