Day 19. Tärnasjö to Syterskalet.
There was a brisk wind and rain showers over the hills as I left the cabin to walk beside by the lake.
 |
| Wood crane's-bill |
The showers didn't cross the lake so I stayed dry but saw some nice misty rainbows.
 |
| Rain showers on the other side |
The path crosses the lake through an archipelago of islands via several new bridges(2023) which have replaced the old very wobbly boardwalks.
 |
| Nearing the lake crossing |
A climb up and over to the next Fjällstuga which was a good shelter from the wind for my lunch stop.
 |
| One of the bridges between the islands |
 |
| The archipelago |
There was a good bridge across the river below the cabin, actually the last one on the trail, before the start of another long climb up and over the next ridge.
 |
| The route goes between the distant hills |
 |
| Last bridge of the trail |
The gap between two hills in the distance marked the start of a huge U shaped valley and some spectacular scenery.
 |
| Dramatic gap between the hills |
There was a very strong, cold wind blowing up the valley and I stopped behind the conveniently placed emergency shelter to put on some extra layers.
 |
| The windy pass |
The steady descent between the two hills was amazing, an almost flat valley floor with almost vertical snow splotched cliffs on either side. Glencoe on steroids.
 |
| Steep rocky sides |
The wind eased as I descended and at a turning point in the valley there were several camping spots near the Fjällstuga.
 |
| Viterskalsstugan |
I was told that a herd of reindeer had passed through the valley yesterday, just my luck as about the biggest animal I've seen this trip, apart from a few birds, is a frog.
27k walked
400m ascent
No comments:
Post a Comment